DISCLAIMER: The information here is for entertainment purposes only. Any views or opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author (myself) and do not represent those of the company I work for.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Worked Out With a Dumbbell Today, I Feel Vigorous!

It's been a good six months since I blogged. It's been so long-as a matter of fact-that I lost all of my information for the blog that I was keeping and it's no longer retrievable. That's probably a good thing. Lord knows I had a lot of incriminating nonsense in that thing.

I haven't had time to write as much as a sentence since June (not that anything I would have written would have been worth two minutes of anyone's time anyway, but I digress). Fast forward until now when life is at least semi-interesting.

Much to my Grandmother's and probably my parent's dismay, I'm halfway through the police academy. Halfway through. I know, I don't believe it myself, but when this girl has a dream, she goes for it. I've been lucky enough in my life to have always had that opportunity. My parents, my friends, family, and my husband have always allowed me to do what I want to do. I am so lucky in that respect. Not many people in this world have the ability to do whatever they want, when they want to, at the pace they want to do it.

I look at my life as a "bucket list" of sorts. We only have so much time here and as I watch my children grow, I realize that my time here is very limited. I have so much that I want to accomplish and so far, so good. I am a dancer, a singer, a wife, a mother, a worship leader, a duathlete, and a grasshopper. Now, I go after the dream I have always had for myself while still keeping all of what came before me fresh talents.

I hope that if there is one thing I am able to teach my kids, it is to follow your dreams no matter how old you are, or what position in life you may be in. You can do anything, be anyone, at anytime as long as YOU want it. The only person who stands in the way of your dreams is you.

Is what I have chosen easy? Oh no. It may have been easy minus the husband and kids. As a matter of fact, I KNOW it would be easier without the husband and kids. I can't count how many times I cried all the way home after having spent 18 hours at school over the weekend. Entire weekends, spent. Then school at night during the week. I would drop my kids off at school in the morning and wouldn't see them until the next day.

I've got another semester of this.

Many times I've questioned what the hell I'm doing and hell is this all really worth it given what is at stake for me? And to understand this question to its fullest potential, you'd have to understand the dynamics of the police academy (which I will not disclose here because I am certain nosy two-faced eyes may be spying). Each time I deal with late nights, weekends away from my children, BS high school drama, law tests I can't seem to pass, and instructors who try to break me down, I come to the same conclusion: yes, it's worth it.

Everything in life is worth it. You only have one life. Live it the way YOU want.

No comments:

Post a Comment