DISCLAIMER: The information here is for entertainment purposes only. Any views or opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author (myself) and do not represent those of the company I work for.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Last Blog: January 25, 2011

I'm not busy am I?

Since January, I've graduated the police academy, became a POST certified peace officer, got a job as a Paraprofessional at my children's school, and earned my purple belt in karate (finally). I've watched my children successfully complete another year in school and will watch them return to school as a new 4th grader, 2nd grader, 1st grader, and preschooler (who will be home schooled by my wonderful neighbor while I'm at work).

We spent our summer "stay cation" with friends and doing a variety of things around Colorado. The trip I most enjoyed was Georgetown. It's an historic silver mining town with beautiful Victorian homes, small cafes, picturesque views, and a steam train that loops through the town, passing the mines, and crossing Clear Creek.

We didn't do much camping this year as we have in years past. The times we did go camping were spent in Loveland at Boyd Lake with our adopted extended family from the dojo; my Sensei, his clan, and a couple of other families from the dojo. We spent much of our time at Elitch Gardens in downtown Denver.

We only lost William once.

This blog entry is boring, I realize. It's putting me to sleep. No witty humor, or passive aggressiveness whatsoever. I'm failing to deliver.

Truth is, I have nothing to complain about. I don't even have anything to make up to complain about (well, aside from a few catty, "I'm so unhappy, miserable, and have nothing better to do but dig at Kyra whenever I can" individuals that insist on continuing a ten year, yes ten year vendetta against me). I've been called out on my passive aggressive attitude like it's a bad thing.

Um no.

It rocks. I rock.

Get over it, I'm not changing a thing!

Fact: (taken from a good guy, Juan) Your successes inspire many people...and it pisses off many people too.

This past year-August to August-has been extremely good for me. It has been full of successes and accomplishments. Part of me completed the police program because of my Dad who always said to me when I was younger, "Don't you want to feel like you've accomplished something in your life?"

I've never really felt "accomplished". Everyone tells me that I've had four children and have raised them very well thus far and that in itself, is an accomplishment, but any Jane Doe on the street can have children. Well, some people can not have children, but you know what I mean. Generally speaking, of course. I wanted to DO more. I wanted to ACCOMPLISH something, set a goal, have my eyes on a prize, buckle down, and DO something.

I didn't get this "get up and go" mentality from thin air. As I said, part came from my father. The other inspiration came directly from an old fashioned ass kicking from my Sensei. That man is an unbelievable positive force (despite his grumpiness). He has brought out a fire inside of me I never knew was there. How many times did I want to quit that police academy? How many times did I want to quit karate when it started to get too hard? How many times did I make excuses not to get a job and just sit on my ass at home while my husband worked his ass off to support 6 of us? What in the world made me decide to do a triathlon of all things? Yep, that little bug buzzing in my ear, giving me confidence in a highly disciplined, focused way. He's tough, expects nothing less than perfection, and I wouldn't have it any other way. For me and for my children. I love that man and I tell everyone I know.

Random thoughts:

Church? Meh. Can't seem to find a good one close to home. That, and I like science.

Yankee Candle "fresh bamboo", I love it.

I hate baking, but I do it anyway because my kids and husband love it when I do.

The last time I tried to clean my oven, it caught fire. I haven't cleaned it in 3 years.

Mmmmm steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment