DISCLAIMER: The information here is for entertainment purposes only. Any views or opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author (myself) and do not represent those of the company I work for.

Friday, January 27, 2012

I Hope They Make a Coffin Big Enough!

So my husband is a "techie". He LOVES gadgets. He loves shiny, fancy, wow, that's cool as hell gadgets. He will even buy very expensive gadgets in an effort to "save" us money. I do the same things when I go shopping and buy things "on sale", but he argues that it's not the same thing *blank stare*

A two thousand dollar projection tv ...for the garage.

An eight hundred dollar surveillance system for the house...because we live in the ghetto.

A three hundred dollar tablet because his phone, laptop, and desktop PC just wasn't convenient enough.

Western Digital Media Boxes (2) to stream movies and Internet content to our televisions.

And the most recent of his purchases is this fancy new thermostat for the house because its supposed to save a lot of money by programming itself to the way you live, according to your lifestyle, or whateverthefuck. Well, I'll tell you its been a battle zone here at home since he installed the damned thing. Let's just say he isn't satisfied until he sees a little green leaf flashing in the thing (it means its conserving energy) it also means my nose hasn't stopped running, my feet are like blocks of ice (with three pairs of socks on), and I'm wearing my sweats, under my robe, under my winter coat indoors. I even thought I saw my breath this morning.

Now many of you know about the other bane of my existence: the solar panels. When this man told me he bought solar panels, I wanted to punch him. Not because I don't want to do good for our environment, reduce our carbon footprints, or reduce our energy bills. I had envisioned our roof covered in panels, soaking in every last bit of Colorado sunshine, and telling United Power to kiss our ass. We were going to power our own home. I wanted to punch him because when these solar panels arrived, there were four of them.

He proceeds to spend roughly a day drilling holes, making a platform, angling these panels just so, so that they may get the most sunlight possible during the day and for what you may ask?

To power our cell phones.

This is my life.

This is also my life: he buys ME gadgets that are REALLY nice. I got a hot tub and just today, a brand new professional camera.

I think he buys me these things so I don;t complain about his buying of things like the stupid leaf thermostat and his four useless solar panels.

I cringe every time UPS or Fedex pulls up in front of my house geez what did he buy this time? Typically he will tell me before the trucks arrive, but there are times he will fail to tell me the cost...unless of course he has ordered a $3 cable for the television that was "$3.50 with shipping included!"

He gets upset when I spend money, but it's ok when he does. Is it because it's his money? Isn't it our money since we're married? Why can he get upset about what I buy and I can't? I work. I have a job. Not a very good paying job, but I have a job. It's not like I'm sitting around on my ass all day...just some of the day. Sheesh. Sure what I make in two weeks, he makes in a day, but I make money too!

I've told him that when he dies, I am going to bury him with all of his gadgets. I think he'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment