DISCLAIMER: The information here is for entertainment purposes only. Any views or opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author (myself) and do not represent those of the company I work for.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Post I Deleted

I had an entire entry titled: "Don't Steal my Thunder" and I deleted it. I've been thinking twice about the things I write and share publicly within the last month or so because I represent something I do, love, and respect.

I'm trying to hold myself to the saying, " Dear Lord, I need your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth!"

And that my friends, is a hard thing for me to do and has resulted in a lot less blog entries. Anyone who knows me knows that I have chronic diarrhea of the mouth that I refuse to take pills for. It's a problem and I am aware of it. Lately, I have been shutting my mouth in places where I would have let it run on like the almighty Mississippi and I almost let the dam break and flood yesterday.

*wipes brow*

It was a close one.

The thing is, I write to express myself and I enjoy expressing those thoughts and feelings with others. I have been doing it for a good ten years now and for ten years, I have had people love and encourage what I have to say. I've always been the one who says what others are thinking, but are afraid to say. It's just me. I am acquired, bitter taste, but always mean well.

I have spoken my mind and heart since I was a kid. It has gained me enemies and pissed people off along the way oh yes, but it has also gained me more friends than I can count. It has inspired people, motivated people, given people strength, made them laugh, made them think, and made them feel that they weren't alone. I do not claim to speak for all people, but I do speak to a lot of them and for a lot of them when they can't find their own voice for whatever reason.

Lately, when something is bothering me, my blog no longer the place I turn. I bitch to my friends. I bitch to my husband. I bitch to anyone that will listen. Yesterday though, I had to type it out and it helped me a great deal. Nothing helps me work through my feelings better than writing it out. I hit the "save now" button and not the "publish" button.

Maybe I had ought to think this one through.

Shortly after, I went to dinner and told my best friend what I had blogged about and she thought I was crazy.

In hindsight, she was right (as she usually is). She has a way about her that compliments me perfectly. After dinner and a chat with her that brought me back to earth, I revisited my entry and hit the "delete" button. What am I so upset about? I was being completely ridiculous, not to mention, I was acting like a crazy jealous girlfriend, or betrayed friend. Yet, somehow I knew that my feelings were and are justified.

I am jealous.

And I'll just have to get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment